My Policeman author ‘ran down the street swearing’ when she realised who Harry Styles was: ‘I didn’t understand how big he is’

Bethan Roberts (right) was over the moon when she realised who Harry Styles (centre) was (Picture: rex/ amazon prime
Bethan Roberts (proper) was over the moon when she realised who Harry Types (centre) was (Image: rex/ amazon prime

The writer of My Policeman ended up working down the road swearing when she realised what an enormous star they’d bagged as their lead man in Harry Types

Bethan Roberts, who wrote the 2012 novel which has been given a movie adaptation, admitted she didn’t actually know a lot about Harry when he signed up for the film.

She informed on the purple carpet on the London premiere for My Policeman: ‘I’d be mendacity if I stated I had a complete identikit image of how [the characters] seemed. 

‘However I don’t know, I’ll see the way it goes however I'm wondering if will probably be like different movies I’ve seen the place I can’t now get the actors’ faces out of my head [when I’m reading the book.] They’re all actually good suits.’

Bethan admitted: ‘I’m a bit outdated to be a fan of One Route! I used to be a bit puzzled. I didn’t fairly perceive how huge Harry Types is.

‘I used to be a bit like “I do know who he's,” however I needed to go and look him up. So I obtained out of the assembly and I googled him.’

My Policeman author didn't know who Harry Styles was Picture: Prime
Harry (centre) performs a homosexual policeman in Nineteen Fifties Brighton (Image: Prime)

When she realised she had a world megastar as her main man, Bethan added: ‘Then I used to be like “Waaaaah!!” and I ran down the road swearing. 

‘And I understood then – it was actually fairly wonderful.’

Harry performs Tom Burgess, a homosexual policeman in Nineteen Fifties Brighton, who enters right into a relationship with museum curator Patrick Hazlewood (David Dawson) whereas being married to schoolteacher Marion Taylor (Emma Corrin) in a time when homosexuality was unlawful. 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post