Omonia goalkeeper Francis Uzoho shines with stunning Man Utd display and heart-warming interview

Francis Uzoho
Francis Uzoho gained lots of followers on Thursday night time at Outdated Trafford (Image: BT Sport)

Omonia could have suffered an injury-time defeat to Manchester United on Thursday, however goalkeeper Francis Uzoho was not too upset after an excellent efficiency at Outdated Trafford which he had prayed for earlier than the sport.

The Cypriot aspect had been unsurprisingly dominated by the house staff, however the Nigerian goalkeeper was in high quality type and made a string of spectacular saves over 90 minutes as Untied unleashed 34 photographs at aim.

Scott McTominay got here off the bench and scored the one aim of the sport within the 93rd minute, however whereas that was a blow, the 23-year-old stopper was not down after the ultimate whistle.

Uzoho is often Omonia’s second alternative ‘keeper however acquired an opportunity because of damage to the primary alternative stopper Fabiano, permitting him to play towards the staff he grew up supporting.

‘I'm not upset as a result of we had recreation, however I'd have most well-liked to get not less than some extent,’ the Nigerian worldwide advised BT Sport, with a beaming smile. ‘However I’m completely happy, it’s not a straightforward stadium to play in with these huge gamers, so I’m completely happy normally.

‘It’s a dream come true for me. I've dreamed to play right here for an extended, very long time. After I noticed the draw and figured I’d be taking part in in Outdated Trafford, I wished to play and prayed to God to get a chance to play. I acquired it and I’m completely happy I performed right here.

FBL-EUR-C3-MAN UTD-OMONOIA
Cristiano Ronaldo was definitely impressed with Uzoho (Image: Getty Photographs)

‘I'm pleased with my teammates, it was not a one man job. We gave the whole lot on the sphere. I'm pleased with my efficiency and that’s it.’

Former Celtic supervisor Neil Lennon is accountable for Omonia and was pleased with his goalkeeper, who he hopes can proceed to show in that degree of efficiency in future.

‘He actually stood as much as the problem, he was impressed, he was unbelievable,’ mentioned the previous Leicester midfielder.

FBL-EUR-C3-MAN UTD-OMONOIA
Uzoho loved a dream come true regardless of the defeat at Outdated Trafford (Image: Getty Photographs)

‘I’m so completely happy for him, he’s labored laborious, he’s needed to wait his time, he’s taken his likelihood brilliantly. I simply hope he can kick on now, keep damage free and revel in his soccer

‘That efficiency tonight was most likely the very best of his profession and he could by no means higher it.’

.

.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post