Ronnie O’Sullivan reveals touching moment with his dad after seventh World Championship win

Betfred World Snooker Championship 2022 - Day 17
Ronnie O’Sullivan Sr (left) loved a particular second along with his son on the Crucible Getty Photos)

Ronnie O’Sullivan’s father mentioned it was the very best second of his life as he celebrated his son’s seventh World Snooker Championship title on the Crucible this yr.

The Rocket equalled Stephen Hendry’s report of seven world titles in Could and was massively emotional after beating Judd Trump, hugging his opponent for an unbelievable period of time earlier than celebrating with two of his youngsters.

His father additionally joined within the celebration on the Crucible ground, which was a transferring second for Ronnie senior and the world champ as they haven't been capable of share all of his victorious moments over time.

O’Sullivan Sr spent 18 years in jail for homicide, launched in 2010, and has been at some tournaments along with his son since then, however removed from all, so this was a particular second for the household in Sheffield, maybe probably the most particular of Ronnie Sr’s life.

‘My Dad would by no means come onto the stage,’ O’Sullivan mentioned on upcoming Eurosport documentary Seventh Heaven. ‘I feel it was solely as a result of Barry Hearn mentioned to him, “Look you higher get on the market”. He mentioned “No, I ain’t getting on the market”. [Barry] mentioned “You’re getting on the market!” and pushed him on the market. He went “Go and luxuriate in your second together with your son.”

‘My Dad mentioned to me afterwards, “You understand what, I’m actually glad we’ve performed that as a result of that was the very best second of my life”. I would like everyone else to expertise it.

‘Whether or not I win or not, it doesn’t actually matter. It does to my Dad who’s like “you’re gonna win it, you’re gonna win it.” I simply wished him to have a very good time as a result of he wasn’t right here for lots of years to share a few of these moments.

‘For me, I simply wished him right here to expertise it and simply get a really feel for it as a result of if it wasn’t for him, in my early days, I most likely wouldn’t have been knowledgeable sportsman or something often because he instilled that self-discipline in me.

‘He come (sic) from a tough background. I used to be a bit flaky. I simply wished to have enjoyable and have fun and he was like, “No, we don’t do it like that.” So he sort of integrated that little bit of seriousness into how I'm going about my profession actually.’

Seventh Heaven premieres Saturday at 8pm on discovery+ and Eurosport 1. The Northern Eire Open is dwell and unique on Eurosport, discovery+ and Quest from October sixteenth.

.

.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post