Serena Williams praises Tom Brady return as she says she is ‘evolving’ not retiring

Serena Williams says she “won't be enjoyable” after taking part in what's more likely to be her last aggressive tennis match, and may now make time for “issues that I’ve been desirous to do for thus a few years”.

The 23-time grand slam champion mentioned that her reported “retirement” from the game was “extra of an evolution of Serena” and it was time for her to discover her different passions.

“Tom Brady began an incredible pattern. That’s what I need to say.”

-@serenawilliams on the way forward for her tennis profession and retirement. #FallonTonightpic.twitter.com/BdcvwrwYqr

— The Tonight Present (@FallonTonight) September 14, 2022

The 40-year-old bowed out of the third-round of the US Open match earlier this month after dropping in three units to Ajla Tomljanovic.

Talking about her tennis profession on The Tonight Present with Jimmy Fallon, she mentioned: “I feel retirement is one thing that's tremendous earned and that individuals work actually laborious for.

“I really feel like I’m at an age the place I undoubtedly have much more to present and there’s much more that I need to achieve this I’m not going to be enjoyable, there’s a lot extra for me. I really feel prefer it’s extra of an evolution of Serena.”

Williams has enterprise pursuits away from tennis, and has spoken about changing into a mom once more.

“There’s so many issues that I’ve been desirous to do for thus a few years and I’ve had such a ardour for tennis for thus lengthy that I’ve by no means achieved them,” she mentioned. “Now it’s time for me to begin to get pleasure from these issues.”

Teased by Fallon a couple of potential return to her sport, just like that of NFL star Tom Brady, she responded: “Tom Brady began an incredible pattern. That’s what I need to say.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post