The Hairy Bikers’ Si King shares update on Dave Myers amid cancer treatment: ‘He’s a tough old boot’

Si King has shared a constructive replace on Dave Myers because the Bushy Bikers star continues remedy for most cancers

Showing on The One Present on Wednesday, Si revealed that whereas Dave remains to be present process chemotherapy, he's doing effectively and feeling extra constructive by the day. 

He instructed Alex Jones and Ronan Keating: ‘It’s going very well, he’s nonetheless within the trenches of his chemo and his remedy however all of the numbers are going effectively and he’s stronger by the day and extra constructive by the day so he’s doing effectively.’

Si joked: ‘He’s a troublesome outdated boot you recognize, he’s from Barrow in Furness – he’s not going to surrender straightforward! He definitely isn’t, and he’s doing nice.’

He additionally revealed how a lot the 1000's of messages of well-wishes have meant to Dave and his household since he went public along with his analysis. 

Si revealed: ‘All people concerned with the Bikers and positively Dave and Lil his spouse, and the children – the quantity of affection that comes over social media is exceptional and it’s observed and appreciated and we adore it, so thanks.’

Dave Myers (right) has been battling cancer since earlier this year (Picture: BBC)
Dave Myers (proper) has been battling most cancers since earlier this yr (Image: BBC)

Dave had publicly introduced he was present process most cancers remedy in Might 2022 revealing that he could be a ‘baldy Biker’ for some time as a result of unwanted effects of chemotherapy. 

The 65-year-old revealed on his podcast with Si on the time: ‘Anyway Kingy, I’ve acquired to return clear now, I haven’t been too effectively just lately and mainly, I’ve acquired to have some chemo, you recognize all this anyway.

‘So this yr goes to be a bit quiet for me, I’m not going to be filming, a few of the festivals I’m not going to have the ability to go to, some could also be okay however this yr’s a little bit of a write off for us.

The Hairy Bikers chocolate challenge with Si King and Dave Myers.
Dave (proper) has turn out to be a ‘baldy Biker’ since present process remedy (Image: AMY BRAMMALL)

’I've needed to converse up about this as a result of I don’t wish to disguise beneath a rock, however I might adore it if folks revered my privateness and simply let me get on with it and provides Si and our staff all of the help they want, that might be nice. However look, the prognosis is okay, I’m going to be superb.’

He continued : ‘I’ve simply acquired to tuck in, take care of myself, eat sensibly and recover from this mess, flog books, and be a cheerful individual so inside that, that’s the place I'm.

‘I could also be a baldy biker for some time so it’s only a warning. I don’t wish to make a fuss about it, I look alright bald truly.’

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post