Woman becomes surrogate mum for friend who can’t carry children due to cancer

cassie, jack, becky and baby barnaby
The kindest of gestures (Image: SWNS)

A girl who was unable to hold a toddler after cervical most cancers has change into a mum – due to a pal who stepped in as a surrogate.

Cassie Bush, 32, first seen bleeding after intercourse in 2016 and was identified with cervical ectropion, a situation the place the cells from contained in the cervix develop exterior.

Because the bleeding worsened, Cassie’s boyfriend Jack Clail, 31, insisted she return to the physician.

An extra check confirmed she had stage 2B cervical most cancers – which means the most cancers had began to unfold exterior of the womb.

Radiotherapy would set off early menopause and make it unattainable for her to hold her personal child, which made the information much more devastating.

In November 2017 Cassie determined to freeze her eggs on the NHS so she might sooner or later have her personal little one.

Then, after months of chemo and radiotherapy, Cassie acquired the all-clear in March the next yr.

Later she started in search of a surrogate with Jack, and the couple have been utterly shocked when their pal Becky Siddell, 31, provided to hold a child for them.

The NHS transferred considered one of their viable embryos – made up of Cassie’s egg and Jack’s sperm – into Becky, a mum-of- two, who fell pregnant on the primary attempt in September 2021.

Cassie Bush with a pregnant Becky Siddell, and Jack Clail
Cassie and Jack with a pregnant Becky (Image: SWNS)

The being pregnant went ‘with out a hitch’ and Becky gave delivery to Barnaby in Might this yr.

The couple at the moment are within the strategy of submitting a parental order to change into Barnaby’s authorized dad and mom.

Cassie, a beautician from Somerset, stated: ‘Two weeks earlier than my prognosis, my life was regular. Then all of a sudden I used to be specializing in most cancers and desirous about my future.

‘We couldn’t consider it when Becky provided to hold our child for us. We thought it was simply one thing stated over just a few drinks and never a real provide.

‘We’re so grateful to Becky and her husband Jamie – we’ve acquired our little man all due to them.’

Cassie, who was ‘in no ache in any respect’ earlier than her prognosis, didn’t take into account her cervical ectropion could also be extra sinister.

However she’s relieved she acquired a second opinion, as her later MRI scan revealed the most cancers had unfold to her lymph nodes.

Jack Clail and Cassie Bush with Barnaby, Max, 9, Becky, Evie, 5 and Jamie Siddell
Cassie and Becky’s households (Image: SWNS)

‘I assumed it was going to be about my fertility – I by no means thought it was most cancers,’ stated Cassie.

‘Jack was superb at firing all of the questions – I simply sat there in full disbelief.’

She had 26 eggs collected after the choice was made to freeze them – 20 of which have been mixed with Jack’s sperm to make an embryo.

Cassie stated: ‘Solely two of my eggs have been very excessive grade so not one of the best odds. However I targeted on the therapy, which was robust, however I didn’t let it get me down.

‘I all the time did my make-up and tried to really feel my finest, I went to out rejoice New Yr’s Eve and made positive I nonetheless did regular issues.

‘My household have been superb – my dad, Kelvin, took me out for many fry-ups to assist me acquire weight after I misplaced lots throughout chemotherapy.

‘It was a tough time, however I had a number of assist round me.’

 Jack Clail, Cassie Bush and Becky Siddell with Barnaby
Becky stepped in to assist (Image: SWNS)

Regardless of ultimately being cancer-free, Cassie’s physique entered menopause and he or she needed to begin hormone alternative remedy.

‘It lastly all hit me, and my physique was going by a variety of modifications,’ she stated.

‘However after I began HRT, it was like a cloud had lifted and I felt like myself once more.’

Earlier than Becky made her provide, Cassie and Jack joined Surrogacy UK and began in search of a doubtlessly service. Nonetheless, regardless of going to some occasions, the couple struggled to search out anybody they bonded with.

Whereas out for drinks with their finest mates Becky, a household assist employee, and her husband Jamie, 31, the pair shared how disappointing their search had change into.

That’s when Becky proposed an concept that ‘blew’ the couple away.

Jack Clail and Cassie Bush with Barnaby
The completely satisfied household (Image: SWNS)

Cassie stated: ‘Jack went to highschool with Jamie, so we have been all actually good mates.

‘Out of the blue, Becky stated she can be our surrogate – I couldn’t consider it.

‘We textual content her the subsequent morning asking: “are you positive?” However she was lethal critical the subsequent day, and we have been so overwhelmed.’

Becky, who already has two youngsters, was in a position to sign-up to Surrogacy UK as a result of she has already carried youngsters of her personal.

After all of the authorized documentation was signed, Becky had a fertilised embryo transferred into her uterus.

A number of weeks later, she invited Cassie over to take a being pregnant check and so they have been delighted to find she had fallen pregnant on the primary attempt.

Cassie Bush with Barnaby
Child Barnaby (Image: SWNS)

She was thrilled to inform Jack the excellent news.

Cassie stated: ‘I swore everybody to secrecy so I might inform him myself.

‘I all the time dreamed giving him a field with a child develop and optimistic being pregnant check inside.

‘I pretended they have been paint samples when he opened it – he was so completely satisfied.

‘Becky was a dream all through the being pregnant, we managed to return alongside to all of the appointments.

‘She actually made us really feel a part of the entire journey.’

The household didn’t discover out the gender, wanting it to be a shock.

Cassie added: ‘Becky was an absolute star throughout labour, it was probably the most unbelievable second of my life.

‘We’re presently within the strategy of filling out a parental order for Barnaby as a result of legally, he’s not ours.

‘That’s the toughest factor for us – we didn’t realise that was one thing we’d should do. However Becky and Jamie have been so relaxed and reassuring.

‘Becky has been an unbelievable pal – she went above and past for us.

‘I actually can not thank her sufficient for all the pieces she’s performed.’

The couple at the moment are seeking to the longer term and having fun with their new addition.

‘Barnaby simply one of the best child – so chilled and completely satisfied,’ stated Cassie.

‘I by no means thought I’d have a child this fashion, and now our little boy has this superb, prolonged household. All of us really feel very fortunate.’

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post