Julia Bradbury shares powerful New Year’s message to ‘check yourself’ in 2023 after beating cancer

The TV star was additionally beginning on her decision to go outdoors every single day throughout the brand new yr (Image: Dave J Hogan//Getty Photographs)

Julia Bradbury has shared a message near her coronary heart as she marked the beginning of 2023 by telling her followers to ‘test your self’ after battling breast most cancers.

The TV presenter, who was recognized in September 2021 and underwent a single mastectomy the following month, is in remission and has been sharing her journey and restoration very overtly.

Taking to Instagram on Sunday to have fun New Yr’s Day, the Countryfile star shared a selfie of herself having a mammogram as she urged followers to remain on prime of this important well being test.

‘I can’t consider a greater New Yr message than: test your self,’ she wrote within the caption, alongside the hashtags ‘#breastcancer’, ‘#consciousness’ and ‘#checkyourself’.

Her followers responded by sharing their experiences within the remark part as one wrote: ‘Completely agree!! Test test test!!!!! I watch your documentary final week, Julia Simply so pleased with you! [sic]’

One other added: ‘This goes for males too! I had a scare final yr. Males have to test their moobs extra.’

The 52-year-old additionally revealed that she had already begun to make good on her promise to go outdoors every single day of 2023, irrespective of the climate.

She shared an image of herself balanced on a tree stump throughout a stroll within the woods on Sunday to her Instagram Story, wearing a yellow, inexperienced and black puffer jacket and heat hat.

In an interview with The Mirror, Julia had defined over the weekend: ‘I wish to get daylight on my face each morning come rain or shine. I made a decision early within the yr and I wish to ensure I hold doing that in 2023.’

Julia Bradbury
(Image: Instagram/therealjuliabradbury)

She additionally shared extra on her choice to abstain from alcohol throughout her restoration, having final had a drink for her birthday in July.

She admitted it was a ‘difficult factor’ as a result of ‘extra persons are asking me about it’.

‘They are saying, “Are you sober now?” And I believe, “God, am I? Am I form of framing myself as any individual who wasn’t earlier than, and all of the implications?” That phrase is sort of impactful. Are you sober now? So, sure I'm,’ she shared.

On the time of her analysis in 2021, Julia revealed: ‘As it's I'm going to lose my breast. I belief that sooner or later I'll look down on it and assume that was the struggle of my life and I've the last word battle scar to show it.’

Did you get to look at Julia’s documentary? What did you consider it?Remark Now

In October, she was nominated within the authored documentary class for her ITV movie Julia Bradbury: Breast Most cancers and Me on the Nationwide Tv Awards, dropping out to .

Whereas talking to  on the purple carpet  at Wembley Enviornment, Julia known as it ‘unbelievable’ to be there and to be recognised for her documentary about her analysis and remedy.

‘It’s unbelievable. To construct consciousness like this about breast most cancers, to be nominated in such a robust class, is an actual honour and it’s fantastic to be right here one yr after my breast most cancers analysis. I’m simply very, very grateful,’ she mentioned.


Macmillan most cancers assist

Should you or somebody you care about has been recognized with most cancers, Macmillan can supply assist and data.

You'll be able to contact their helpline on 0808 808 00 00 (7 days every week from 8am to 8pm), use their webchat service, or go to their website for extra info.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post