Blind date: ‘I couldn’t hear him chewing – that’s always a good sign’


Joanna on David

Joanna

What have been you hoping for?
To satisfy somebody who was good firm and simple to speak to (and a few chemistry could be a bonus). At worst, make a brand new good friend.

First impressions?
Actually heat, a tad nervous, however pleasant.

What did you discuss?
Journey. Meals. Drink. Relationship apps. Work. And what the hell made us join this.

Any awkward moments?
Extra humorous than awkward: he wasn’t certain what to order so requested the waitress for her suggestion for almost each dish.

Good desk manners?
I couldn’t hear him chewing, that’s all the time a superb signal. No complaints.

Neatest thing about David?
He was very easy to speak to, and his birthday is the day earlier than mine. He additionally had no drawback sharing meals.

Would you introduce him to your folks?
Undecided he’d slot in, however sure, I'd.

Describe David in three phrases?
Pleasant, chatty, smiley.

What do you suppose he made from you?
She likes her grub.

Did you go on someplace?
Solely to the practice station.

And … did you kiss?
No.

Should you may change one factor in regards to the night what would it not be?
Nothing, actually. I’d by no means been on a blind date earlier than, and for a primary expertise it was fairly painless. David is a genuinely good man. I’d possibly have ordered the flatbread only for myself – it was so tasty!

Marks out of 10?
7

Would you meet once more?
As buddies, for a drink possibly.


David and Joanna on their date
David and Joanna on their date


David on Joanna

David

What have been you hoping for?
I used to be so nervous – I felt like I used to be going to a job interview. I had no expectations.
First impressions?
Joanna was good and pleasant (thank God).

What did you discuss?
Travelling. Meals. Board video games. And the restaurant – which was particularly good. I beloved the way in which they introduced the meals.

Any awkward moments?
I don’t suppose so. If there have been any, it was in all probability due to me.

Good desk manners?
No complaints.

Neatest thing about Joanna?
She was so relaxed, type and pleasant.

Would you introduce her to your folks?
Sure.

Describe Joanna in three phrases?
Variety, pleasant, approachable.

What do you suppose she made from you?
I don't know. I hope she loved my firm.

Did you go on someplace?
Sadly not. I needed to work the following day.

And … did you kiss?
I gave her a sneaky kiss on the cheek once we left.

Should you may change one factor in regards to the night what would it not be?
Nothing. Joanna was good. The meals and repair on the restaurant have been sensible. The photoshoot was enjoyable.

Marks out of 10?
8

Would you meet once more?
As buddies, sure.

Q&A

Wish to be in Blind date?

Present

Blind date is Saturday’s relationship column: each week, two
strangers are paired up for dinner and drinks, after which spill the beans
to us, answering a set of questions. This runs, with a photograph we
take of every dater earlier than the date, in Saturday journal (within the
UK) and on-line at theguardian.com each Saturday. It’s been working since 2009 – you may learn all about how we put it collectively right here.

What questions will I be requested?
We
ask about age, location, occupation, hobbies, pursuits and the kind of
individual you want to meet. If you don't suppose these questions
cowl all the pieces you want to know, inform us what’s in your thoughts.

Can I select who I match with?
No,
it’s a blind date! However we do ask you a bit about your pursuits,
preferences, and so on – the extra you inform us, the higher the match is probably going
to be.

Can I choose the photograph?
No, however don't be concerned: we'll select the nicest ones.

What private particulars will seem?
Your first title, job and age.

How ought to I reply?
Actually
however respectfully. Be conscious of the way it will learn to your date, and that
Blind date reaches a big viewers, in print and on-line.

Will I see the opposite individual’s solutions?
No. We might edit yours and theirs for a spread of causes, together with size, and we might ask you for extra particulars.

Will you discover me The One?
We’ll strive! Marriage! Infants!

Can I do it in my house city?
Provided that it’s within the UK. Lots of our candidates stay in London, however we'd love to listen to from individuals residing elsewhere.

The way to apply
Electronic mail blind.date@theguardian.com

Was this useful?
Thanks in your suggestions.

David and Joanna ate at 26 Grains, London SE1. Fancy a blind date? Electronic mail blind.date@theguardian.com

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post