Dame Helen Mirren transforms into Queen Elizabeth I for Platinum Jubilee Celebration

Helen Mirren
Dame Helen Mirren underwent a dramatic transformation (Image: PA)

Dame Helen Mirren underwent a dramatic transformation for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, as she performed the function of Queen Elizabeth I.

The occasion, titled A Gallop By means of Historical past, was broadcast on ITV to rejoice the Queen’s 70 years on the throne.

Dame Helen, 76, seemed fully regal as she took on the function, wearing a golden robe and stiffened corset.

She additionally wore pale white make-up within the model of the historic Queen, and a curly pink wig.

The actress, who additionally performed Queen Elizabeth in a two-part drama in 2005, carried out her well-known speech to the troops at Tilbury the place she declared: ‘I do know I've the physique of a weak and feeble girl; however I've the center and abdomen of a king, and of a king of England too.’

Taking up royal roles is bound to be second nature to Dame Helen by now – in addition to this being the second time she’s performed Elizabeth I, she has additionally performed the present Queen twice.

She starred as Queen Elizabeth II within the movie The Queen, which she received an Academy Award for, and within the West Finish play The Viewers.

Dame Helen Mirren dressed as Queen Elizabeth I performs during the A Gallop Through History Platinum Jubilee celebration at the Royal Windsor Horse Show at Windsor Castle. Picture date: Sunday May 15, 2022. PA Photo. See PA story ROYAL Jubilee. Photo credit should read: Steve Parsons/PA Wire
The occasion was broadcast from Windsor Fortress (Image: PA)

Dame Helen Mirren dressed as Queen Elizabeth I performs during the A Gallop Through History Platinum Jubilee celebration at the Royal Windsor Horse Show at Windsor Castle. Picture date: Sunday May 15, 2022. PA Photo. See PA story ROYAL Jubilee. Photo credit should read: Steve Parsons/PA Wire
She’s no stranger to enjoying royal roles (Image: PA)

Alongside Dame Helen, a forged of Queen’s Gamers have been launched by a personality known as ‘The Herald’ performed by Omid Djalili. The Herald whisked viewers via time linking the acts collectively, narrating and anchoring the tales.

The occasion confirmed moments from historical past like Elizabeth I’s Tilbury Speech and James I and the Gunpowder Plot and celebrated the Commonwealth, in addition to the 4 nations of the UK.

Dame Helen Mirren dressed as Queen Elizabeth I performs during the A Gallop Through History Platinum Jubilee celebration at the Royal Windsor Horse Show at Windsor Castle. Picture date: Sunday May 15, 2022. PA Photo. See PA story ROYAL Jubilee. Photo credit should read: Steve Parsons/PA Wire
Dame Helen carried out the well-known Tilbury speech (Image: PA)

Dame Helen Mirren dressed as Queen Elizabeth I performs during the A Gallop Through History Platinum Jubilee celebration at the Royal Windsor Horse Show at Windsor Castle. Picture date: Sunday May 15, 2022. PA Photo. See PA story ROYAL Jubilee. Photo credit should read: Steve Parsons/PA Wire
Celebrities got here collectively for the occasion (Image: PA)

Helen Mirren
She additionally performed Elizabeth I within the Channel 4 sequence (Image: Channel 4)

It noticed appearances from stars together with: Adjoa Andoh, Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber, Ant and Dec, Dame Joan Collins, Sir Mo Farah, Dame Maureen Lipman, Sir David Jason, Alan Titchmarsh, Dame Kelly Holmes, Moira Stuart and Sir Trevor McDonald.

It additionally featured 1300 performers and 500 horses and is made up of 4 acts which have been overseen by hosts Tom Cruise, Damian Lewis, Adjoa Andoh and Alan Titchmarsh.

There have been even be performances from Keala Settle, Gregory Porter and Katherine Jenkins.

Queen Elizabeth, who's already the longest-reigning British monarch in historical past, marked 70 years on the throne in February however the celebrations for the occasion will happen in June.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post