Sunday breakfast? I don’t partake in breakfast a lot. The youngsters have porridge on a faculty day, however assist themselves to garbage cereal on the weekend. I play tunes within the background, annoying the youngsters, as a result of we don’t have the identical style in music.
Sundays rising up? I grew up in Arklow in County Wicklow, in a home with no central heating. We’d have two fireplaces happening a Sunday, which made issues extra homely. I keep in mind watching Surprise Girl with Lynda Carter. I’d be in heaven with a yoghurt and a biscuit and Surprise Girl.
Sunday lunch? My fella [music producer Sebastiano Properzi] is Italian, so we eat fairly posh – veal Milanese, scallopini, pork roast with curled milk gravy. He’s a superb cook dinner, bless him. He’s good at a few issues, if you understand what I imply.
Sunday worship? My father was vehemently atheist and my mom couldn’t give a God’s curse, though I nonetheless went to a Catholic faculty. The headteacher’s spouse – Mrs Garvy – would are available in each Monday and say: ‘Kids, did you go to mass yesterday?’ I’d put my hand up and she or he’d say: ‘Róisín Murphy, did you actually go to mass yesterday?’ and I’d get into bother although it was my mother and father’ fault.
Sunday afternoon? I dwell in Ibiza, so I’ll undoubtedly go for a stroll, however I dance once I’m strolling. I’m like a mad girl, dancing to my Spotify playlists. I really like skipping down hills and by no means run.
Sunday wind down? I liked The North Water on the BBC, a few whale fishing expedition again within the day. Colin Farrell is sensible in it.
Sunday night? We’ll most likely simply pile into mattress at 9.30 or 10 and skim. For the time being I’m studying Why Germans Do It Higher by John Kampfner. It’s a really fascinating historic examine.
Stay up for or dread Mondays? I've no feeling about Mondays. It’s the identical as each different day. You'll be able to have a superb Monday or you possibly can have a nasty one.
Róisín Murphy performs Forwards Competition, Bristol, 3-4 September (forwardsbristol.co.uk)
Post a Comment