‘It’s a joke!’ – Emma Raducanu hits back at pressure claims after suffering second round Wimbledon exit

Day Three: The Championships - Wimbledon 2022
Raducanu suffered a straight units defeat on Wednesday (Image: Getty(

Emma Raducanu has slammed ‘joke’ strategies that she was below stress to carry out at Wimbledon following her second-round elimination.

Caroline Garcia secured a straight units win over the Briton on Centre Courtroom on Wednesday night to ship the 19-year-old crashing out of the competitors.

Raducanu has been firmly below the highlight since her elegant US Open victory final 12 months however insisted that triumph ought to serve to alleviate some the stress on her shoulders, not add to it.

‘There isn't a stress, why is there any stress?’ Raducanu instructed a press convention.

‘I'm nonetheless 19. It's a joke. I actually received a [Grand] Slam.

Emma Raducanu v Caroline Garcia - Wimbledon Championships 2022
The 19-year-old will look to defend her US Open crown later this 12 months (Image: Getty)

‘Sure, I've had consideration. However I’m a slam champion, so nobody’s going to take that away from me. If something, the stress is on those that haven’t completed that.’

tenth seed Raducanu had seen her grass-court preparation disrupted by a minor harm – pulling out of Nottingham simply eight minutes into her opening match after struggling a aspect pressure earlier this month.

However the teen dismissed strategies that knock held her again in opposition to Garcia and insisted she didn't anticipate to achieve the latter phases of this 12 months’s competitors.

‘I didn’t really feel something on the market, I declared myself totally match once I walked on the market onto the courtroom on the primary day,’ she stated.

‘However I’ve performed seven hours of tennis in a month so to even compete with these ladies at this stage and win a spherical I feel is a fairly good achievement.’

.

.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post