Chelsea handed huge boost with Reece James injury not thought to be serious

Chelsea defender Reece James
James was changed within the second half (Image: Getty)

Chelsea and England have been handed a significant increase with Reece James’ damage not considered critical, in response to studies.

James fell to the bottom clutching his knee following a collision with Theo Hernandez within the Champions League conflict towards AC Milan on Tuesday evening.

H was changed simply after the hour mark, sparking concern for Graham Potter and Gareth Southgate with England’s World Cup marketing campaign starting in lower than six weeks.

The Chelsea boss was unable to present an replace after his aspect’s 2-0 win at San Siro however the Guardian now report James ‘is not going to be out for lengthy’ with early indicators suggesting the knee damage just isn't critical.

‘Reece, we’re hoping he’ll be okay,’ Potter mentioned following the win in Milan. ’24-48 hours is simply too early to present you something greater than that.’

James himself tweeted on Tuesday evening: ‘Fingers crossed it’s not a foul one. Love for all of the messages, I recognize you all.

The 22-year-old has taken half in all however one in every of Chelsea’s Premier League video games this season –rested for a midweek defeat to Southampton in August – and has performed the total 90 minutes in six of Chelsea’s different seven video games.

Chelsea defender Reece James
James acquired therapy earlier than being changed shortly after (Image: Getty)

Chelsea have been handed an early benefit in Milan when former Blues defender Fikayo Tomori was proven a pink card after simply 18 minutes with Jorginho rolling residence the ensuing penalty.

Mason Mount was tugged again by his former teammate to win the spit kick and admitted he felt the referee’s resolution was harsh.

‘He’s clearly my mate, I’ve identified Fik for a really very long time and I felt for him in that scenario, I used to be gutted for him,’ Mount advised Chelsea’s official membership web site.

‘I don’t suppose it was a sending-off. Was it a penalty? Possibly sure. I’m an sincere participant and I need to attempt to rating a purpose and he pulled me again a bit bit, however I really feel for him for that call. It’s a tricky one.

‘I felt him making an attempt to drag me again, however I used to be working to purpose so I wasn’t going to go down and I felt like I may nonetheless have a chance to attain.

‘So I carried on going, didn’t rating after which clearly the ref blew up and gave a pen immediately. I used to be most likely a bit stunned on the time as a result of I’ve nonetheless gone by and had a shot.

‘It was laborious to see him get despatched off. You continue to need to be taking part in 11 versus 11 and going at it with two good groups, so it possibly ruined the sport a bit. It was huge for us and we clearly needed to win the sport, which we did, however I nonetheless really feel for Fik loads.’

.

.

Comply with on

Snapchat Code Metro Showbiz

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post