Ronnie O’Sullivan: ‘I’ve developed my own belief system based on the snooker gods’

Betfred World Snooker Championships 2022 - Day 11
Ronnie O’Sullivan is a believer in a better energy of the baize (Image: Getty Pictures)

Ronnie O’Sullivan says that he ‘genuinely consider there’s a snooker god on the market’ and he's being sorted by the upper energy of the baize.

The Rocket often mentions the snooker gods and the affect these deities wield over his matches, however he now insists that they influence his life away from the desk as effectively.

Whereas the world champion acknowledges that it's an uncommon ‘perception system’ to base his life round, the considered the snooker god has helped him overcome making an attempt occasions.

‘The newspapers have talked about me getting concerned with all types of religions, however I’ve developed my very own perception system primarily based on the snooker gods,’ O’Sullivan advised The Instances.

‘I do know individuals will chuckle at that, however I genuinely consider there’s a snooker god on the market who’s been taking care of me. If I speak to anybody earlier than I fall asleep, it’s him. He’s the one who satisfied me that there actually was a manner out of the darkness.’

The world primary has typically spoken of overcoming habit earlier in his profession, via coming into rehab in 2000 after which focusing his life on more healthy pursuits than alcohol and medicines, like working and cooking.

The 46-year-old has credited his household and famend sports activities psychiatrist Dr Steve Peters, amongst others, for heling him overcome his points, but additionally reckons the snooker gods have smiled down on him.

‘I've all the time believed within the snooker gods,’ he advised the Every day Mail. ‘I'm not a spiritual particular person, I'm not a religious particular person – aside from taking good care of myself and my well-being – however I do consider within the snooker gods.

‘They don’t give me the solutions on a regular basis however they do all the time land one thing on my lap, or they do introduce me to an individual who will do a great factor for me.

‘It’s then as much as me if I profit from that chance, that relationship, that coach, thoughts coach, no matter it is likely to be.

‘I nonetheless need to do the work however I do consider I'm being taken care of in that respect and that filters into each space of my life, whether or not that’s discovering the working neighborhood, stepping into cooking, discovering new hobbies, which assist me turn into better-suited to carry out below strain and assist me take pleasure in my profession extra.’

.

.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post