
Leah Garcia, 31, has hit again at accusations that she’s a nasty mum for selecting to wax her three-year-old daughter’s eyebrows.
The mom says she doesn’t need her baby to face bullying for having a unibrow.
So Leah, who confronted ridicule for her personal monobrow as a toddler, waxes the brows of each her 11-year-old daughter Behautti, 11, and Bliss, three, each week.
‘Bliss was simply over two once I began waxing her,’ she stated. ‘Bliss and her sister Behautti have eight years between them, and Bliss would all the time see me wax her older sister’s eyebrows so requested me if she may have it carried out too.
‘She requested two or thrice earlier than I lastly gave in, however she by no means stated I've a unibrow, she simply confirmed an curiosity in it.
‘We've a waxing day every week as I've to wax as soon as every week, so once I do it, I ask if anybody needs their eyebrows waxing, and if they are saying no, I don’t do it.
‘Folks say she has no thought she even has a unibrow for the time being, however I wished to wax it as a result of the earlier you begin with waxing, the much less it grows again.
‘With Behautti – who’s 11 – she hardly has a unibrow now as a result of we’ve been waxing it for thus lengthy. I don’t mess with another a part of their eyebrows.’
When Leah shared the ladies’ grooming routine on-line, she confronted backlash from individuals who accused the mum of fuelling her kids’s insecurities.
However she believes it’s only a sensible solution to defend her daughters from judgment.
‘It doesn’t harm Bliss any greater than pulling off a plaster, it’s simply primary grooming,’ she added.
‘Until you’ve struggled with it your self you don’t know.

‘Folks say I’m projecting my very own insecurities onto her, and that I ought to educate her to not care what folks assume, however on the finish of the day she’s human, and as a lot as we wish to say what folks say doesn’t trouble you, it does.
‘I’ve by no means seen an grownup strolling round with a unibrow as a result of they adore it a lot. When folks say “why are you doing that?”, I say “effectively I assure you don’t take pleasure in having a unibrow”.
‘In the event that they develop up and need thick eyebrows once more, it’s straightforward to come back again from, however being bullied is one thing you don’t come again from and I’m stopping it from taking place within the first place.
‘It's a laborious factor to come back again from and I’m simply stopping that trauma, like every father or mother would wish to do.
‘I’m not coaching her to be insecure, I simply need my daughter to really feel good. I’ve by no means met anybody whose unibrow provides them confidence.
‘Typically she's going to need it carried out and generally she gained’t, I'll by no means pressure her.’

Leah needs to encourage different mums to wax their kids’s brows if that’s what they really feel is finest.
‘I don’t know any mums who wax their daughters’ eyebrows, so I questioned if I’d get quite a lot of negativity, however I do know I’m not the one one with a furry baby,’ she defined.
‘I need different mums to know that no matter you are feeling is finest, it is best to simply do it, and what you already know will defend your baby.
‘I educate my ladies to be unapologetically themselves and I do know them higher than anybody else on this world.
‘I acquired so many feedback from different mums thanking me and saying they've wished to do that as effectively however had been fearful what others would assume.
‘Others say they do that however have carried out it in secret as they had been fearful about what folks would say.
‘A viral influencer used my TikTok video and known as me a nasty father or mother and was actually damaging, however to me that is simply primary grooming in case you are furry, and individuals who aren’t simply don’t perceive.’
Post a Comment