Love Island’s Liberty Poole ‘verbally abused by group of lads’ who called her a ‘catfish’ for being makeup-free

Love Island star Liberty Poole has spoken out after being ‘verbally abused’ by a bunch of males in public.

The fact star rose to prominence after showing within the 2021 sequence of the fact relationship present, and went on to seem on final yr’s Dancing On Ice.

Whereas on the favored ITV2 present, Liberty was typically dressed to the nines and sporting make-up as she and the opposite forged members had been paired up within the hopes of discovering love.

Nonetheless the star now says she was shouted at and known as a ‘catfish’ for daring to go makeup-free whereas travelling.

Liberty, 23, took to Instagram on Friday, with out make-up or faux tan, her lengthy blonde hair tied up in a ponytail, and defined to her 1.4 million followers what had occurred.

‘I went to the airport and I actually went no lashes, no basis, actual stripped again and simply me,’ she mentioned.

Liberty Poole
Liberty spoke out on Instagram in a video the place she appeared ‘stripped again’ (Image: @libertypoolex)

Liberty Poole
The boys reportedly known as the fact star a catfish as a result of she was make-up and tan free (Image: PA)

‘I used to be like verbally abused by a bunch of lads in public, shouting at me: “You’ve gone downhill since Love Island, oh my God you’re such a catfish,” and telling members of workers “oh my God have you ever seen Liberty, blah blah blah,” simply because I’ve gone to the airport stripped again.’

She went on: ‘I really feel prefer it’s so necessary to let folks know that on social media you’re going to publish your finest photos, however you’re not all the time going to be glam, you’re not all the time going to be on high kind, you do have your down days.’

Mentioning a spot on her chin, Liberty mentioned she was unfiltered, hadn’t achieved her faux tan, and mentioned: ‘That is me, and I’m not ashamed.’

Liberty Poole
Love Island star Liberty mentioned she was ‘not ashamed’ of what she seemed like with out make-up and filters (Image: Instagram)

‘Right here I'm making a stand and saying I’m not ashamed to be right here sporting no lashes, no tan, no make-up, hair scraped up, trying how I'm.

‘I’m not ashamed,’ she reiterated, saying it was necessary to ‘inform younger women that it’s regular to be like this, you don’t must be dolled as much as the dimes each night time…. that's not real looking requirements.’

Taking a constructive stance, Liberty thanked the folks ‘which have made me really feel like s***, and I cried however I’m allowed to really feel feelings. I’m allowed to really feel unhappy however I decide myself again up.’

Liberty Poole
Liberty had coupled up with Jake Cornish on the relationship present (Image: ITV/Rex)

Liberty Poole
She urged younger women to do not forget that social media was not actual life (Image: @libertypoolex)

She completed by asserting she can be going out that night time, ‘I’m going to have the perfect time ever and stay my finest life.

‘You’re lovely it doesn't matter what folks say to you.’

Earlier this yr the star revealed she would ‘love’ the prospect to return to the Love Island villa, after former forged member Adam Collard made a shock reappearance within the 2022 sequence.

Explaining in an AskMeAnything Reddit thread in July, she mentioned: ‘I'd like to have one other probability at discovering love because it hasn’t labored out for me within the villa or exterior the villa since.’

Whereas within the villa, Liberty’s relationship with Jake Cornish left viewers heartbroken as they exited the villa collectively after calling it quits.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post